The Service Industries &amp; Society - Essay
- Status Closed
- Budget $30 - $250 AUD
- Total Bids 13
This is a Hotel Management subject assignment, so DO NOT bid if you know nothing about it.
Message me the topic you want to write when expressing your interest or you will not be ignored
since it's a university assignment, i am very strict on academic presentation (referencing, topic sentence, argument etc.), if you are not capable of managing that, you will receive negative feedback
develop a deeper understanding of a particular area of the leisure industries or experience
apply some disciplinary understanding of the social sciences
at least 6 scholarly references
only when you are observing or reflecting may you write in the first (using I, we), all other times use third person
apply relevant social scientific ideas (theories and concepts) to your topic
Structure and Marking areas:
Introduction - definition, limiting and discussion of topic
Development of a coherent and logical analysis that answers the question - Critical analysis evident. Demonstrated excellent integration of findings
Coverage of relevant literature and theoretical knowledge - Clear understanding of topic. Assignment builds well on an excellent review of literature and use of relevant theories. Authors' perspectives well integrated into the assignment.
1. There is no simple answer as to what motivates young people to go backpacking to another country. Some are trying to escape from a problem at home and others may be drawn to the county/ies that they wish to experience. Investigate the ‘who, why and where’ of backpacking as a tourism phenomena drawing on psychology, sociology or cultural studies.
2. There has been a social trend of young engaged couples in Japan planning both a traditional Japanese wedding at home and a Western-style wedding and honeymoon outside Japan in places like Australia or Hawaii. Using a cultural studies perspective, describe this social phenomenon and explain it in cultural studies terms. As a special event and form of tourism, comment on whether or not this social trend is changing.
3. From the 2005, driven by social forces, the state of the US leisure industry faces an ominous future. The structure of consumer spending has changed considerably and travel has rapidly become a questionable leisure activity for many Americans. Providing statistical evidence, discuss how this change has impacted domestic tourism/ event/ sport or hotel industry, approaching from both a politics and economics perspectives.
4. Choose a local (Australian) sport to which you have some access or knowledge, and trace its development over the past 20 years. Examine the two-way influences between the involvement and influences of minority ethnic groups on the sport, and vice versa, the involvement and influences of the sport on such ethnic groups. Take a cultural studies or sociological perspective on the topic.
5. In the 21st century the idea that women are disadvantaged in the amount of leisure time available to them when compared with men is no longer valid. Argue your position using women and men in three age groups: Under 15 years, singles between 20–30 years, married 40-50 years. Lastly, consider how different cultural backgrounds may effect this perception. Use examples from sport, recreation, tourism and leisure.
6. From your country of origin, choose two four star hotels, one is to be an international branded property and the other a traditional/local style property. Discuss their differences using a geographical perspective including a comparison of their practices in terms of environmental sustainability.
7. Using psychology, sociology or cultural study disciplines, examine the expected behaviour of visitors to Uluru. How has this changed from attitude before 2005? Analyse why it is important for tourism suppliers to understand this difference.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online