Choose a famous Canadian from the list and sign up for the topic. Don’t worry if you know nothing about the topic. (Have to write about Wilfred Grenfell)
Using the Seneca Library’s databases and the Internet, find 3 sources about your subject. Choose one source from each category:
• an entry from the Canadian Encyclopedia, the Dictionary of Canadian Biography or other online reference work
• an article from a database (using the Seneca Library website accessed via Blackboard)
• a web page
Some sources may be quite short. Then, write the following:
1 .Describe the information found in each source. Each description should be about a paragraph in length. (For help on this see the handout described in the section below.)
2. After describing, each source, evaluate the source. Was the information useful? reliable? interesting? well-organized?, etc. How well was the information presented and how does this source compare to the others? Give specific examples. Each evaluation should be about a paragraph in length. (Use the handout that gives examples of description and evaluation paragraphs plus ways to evaluate information using the CRAAP Test)
3. Write a brief report (1 - 2 pages double spaced) on your subject, including information you think is important or interesting. Include one brief quote and one longer quote (longer than 4 lines) from your sources and provide in-text citations. Use the handout given in class, and the Seneca Library website to help you with the quotations and in-text citations.
4. Make a “Works Cited” page in MLA Style based on the Seneca Library’s online MLA guide.
Start your assignment well before the due date. Please let me know well before the due date if you have any problems.
Please submit a hard copy of your assignment in class by the due date.
18 freelancers are bidding on average $73 for this job
Hello there? Am a research-based academic and technical writer who presents high-quality work, on time and with 100% original content. Contact me and get the best in no time, welcome.