Microsoft Access accounting for small business
This project received 30 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of £687 GBP.Get free quotes for a project like this
I am the owner of a medium business selling wedding dresses/bridalwear. We currently use an a
Access database we developed ourselves to capture customer details, order details, sales, balances outstanding reports and to print customer invoices/statements. It also looks after stock control, stock order prompting and various other features on the sales side. For the accounts I use Excel to log all purchases, manually monitor payment due dates, calculate VAT and I import the sales from the Access database using a macro.
I am looking someone to write an access front end for me to manage all the Excel aspect, i.e. purchase entries input and using the data entered into Access for the sales and combine them to calculate quarterly VAT returns (which seems to take me hours each time I do it).
- You must be willing to take the time to understand exactly what I want, and understand that I have a limited knowledge of how exactly to do what I want. You will need to be able listen to what I want, in plain English, and convert that into something I can see and advise about.
- You must have a good knowledge of Microsoft Access, Databases and Accounting also.
- Please leave a message with your bid, with the word "bride" so I can see that you have read all of the information.
What the database must do:
Allow me to store all my suppliers
Allow me to store all purchases and with these:-
- Link a supplier to the purchase
- calculate daily, weekly, monthly, yearly profit
I will need lots of reports showing me exactly which products:-
- Make the most money
- Sell the most frequently
- which supplier we spent the most money with and sold the most products of
and various other useful reports
I will ask to see previous Microsoft Access work before I accept any bid so please have this ready.
Basically I want software that does what normal accountancy programs will do but fir in with the database that we have already created and use.
If it could create year end accounts too that would be the ultimate goal to save on accountancy fees.
The more the end product is able to do the more I am prepared to pay for the project.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online