Looking for a simple Android app that will display a video stream from an IP camera on a window. Nothing else.
- Must run on Android Gingerbread 2.3.4 or later.
- Will run on an HTC EVO View 7" screen.
- Single full screen app with the streaming result showing. I want streaming video, not a still image capture that refreshes every xxx ms.
- Ideally, I will be using this in landscape mode, but it would be nice if it could revert between portrait or landscape when device is rotated. In landscape mode, stream output can be a box on the left side approx 70% of the screen space (this will leave me some space to drop nav buttons when I learn how to code. (see attached file). In Portrait, the stream view can be on the top. If adding portrait mode is cost prohibitive, then indicate this in your bid as to which mode you can deliver. Preference will be given to the bidder who can deliver both within the budget.
- Since I don't fully understand the Android dev environment, I assume I need an exit button (I want to be able to explicitly close the app and not have it always running in the bg). if the Android Back button performs the same as exit, then I don't likely need the button. The exit button can go at the top right.
What I will provide:
- Other than details about my device, I will provide a URL to 2 different IPCams that I you can test.
- I will provide 2 IPCam URLs that you can test with.
My passing criteria:
- Functioning app that works on my device.
- You will be required to pass me all source code for this app, and any rights to further develop it. My intent is not to build a product for sale. It is for personal reasons.
- There should be no additional fees or licensing costs for any components of the app.
- The app should be written in Android and will be able to be opened as a project using the Android SDK so that it can be re-compiled.
- Project delivery timeframe negotiable, but generally must be delivered within 2 weeks of selection.
Edit: when i say streaming video, I don't need 100 smooth video. Basically, what I DON'T want is a view that loads images and refreshes them so it looks choppy.
Someone asked about the camera support for RTSP? The cameras to test will be:
- Ai-Ball http://www.thumbdrive.com/aiball/
- Foscam FI8918W.
I don't know what they support.