We have a USB camera that can stream live feed at various resolutions. We want to use this USB camera on Android tablets.
In this project you will need to convert our USB camera Linux driver to a driver that can be installed on Android Tablets and can stream live video from the USB camera and display it on the tablet.
To clarify, this is NOT a wifi/IP camera. This camera will be plugged into the microUSB port on the tablet.
We cannot root the tablet.
Our camera includes a push-button to capture an image. The driver should be able to recognize this signal and capture the image
The driver should support all 4.0, 4.1 and above versions.
We expect that the development will include a simple app to show the live feed from the camera
We expect the deliverables to be:
1) The driver and a simple app to install it on the tablet without the need to root the tablet.
2) A simple app to show the live feed from the camera (This can be combined with #1 )
3) Test report for confirming compatibility with all android versions 4.0, 4.1 and above.
4) All source codes
We expect the following milestones:
- Delivery of Beta version that will include driver and streaming video.
- Delivery of final application. (driver, installation, live feed and image capture)
- After testing and our acceptance approval of the final application - delivery of all source code, compatibility report.
In your bid please include:
1) Samples for android device level development you did.
2) Your projected development timeline
3) Is there anything that you’ll need from us to for the development
8 freelancers are bidding on average $1188 for this job
Dear Client, I've read your project description. I can start working immediately after you hired me. Looking forward to your reply to discuss the further details. Best regards.