Game Character Animation Retarget
This project was successfully completed by nguyenTruong for $300 SGD in 14 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 SGD
Completed In14 days
We are looking for a good and experience animator to help us out with 3 character animation for our small indie RPG project, and you must be someone who we can expected to work long term with (as we have more). This job does not need you (nor expected) to create a animation but rather, what we want is to reuse an old animation and transfer (retarget) them into a new character with some tweak expected.
As said, the main task is to “retarget” the animation from a character (source) to another new character. Please note that these characters are non-human character and they come with variation shape of body. Example would be Centaur, and snake monster.
The task is as the following:
1. Retarget the source animation to the new character. There are 3 characters here and each character would have 15 animations which is around 0.5 to 3 second (max). We will provide you with a source animation, and the new character mesh (rigged)
2. You need to tweak animation skeleton so that the new animation would fit perfectly into the new character.
- Some of the source animation would have floating issue, you would need to fix this on the new targeted animation.
- Some animation are too long and not longer neccessary hence you are expectec to cut them into parts and may need you to combine 1 or more parts (further instruction will be given)
- You need to make sure that the new character doesn’t have body penetration and if there any, you are expected to tweak them accordingly
- You are expected to make sure all the new animation are smooth. If you find any imperfection, you are expected to tweak them accordingly
3. You are expected to cleanup the new animation and all format should be saved as MA (maya) or FBX format.
1. You must be experience animator and understand the animation pipleline, and methodology.
2. Payment will be give upon completion of each characters's animation. To prove that you have done the work correctly, you are expected to provide us with a playblast (can be each animation or combination of animation for each character). Once you give us the playblast and we are satisfied with the work, we will release the payment and you release the animation back to us.
3. Deadline: 3 Weeks from project award.
4. Your quote or bid should be for all 3 characters's animation retarget and per project basis.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online