Looking for Travel Writers/Photographers for a new Australia focused site
This project received 16 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $61 AUD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 AUD
We are starting a new travel website and will launch in January 2014. The site is primarily aimed at Australian travellers undertaking independent international travel.
We’re looking for quality content including:
1. Travel Journals (with photography is even better however all images must be provided royalty free)
2. Locality guides
3. Interesting travel stories
4. Activity based travel (ski/snowboard, cycle)
5. Reviews of a travel product or service
6. Other travel related articles
The initial focus is on popular destinations for independent Australian travellers, for example:
• South East Asia (Indonesia, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Cambodia)
• South America
However, we are not limited to the above and will consider articles about any destination.
Above all, the content must be high quality, interesting, and unique:
• Writers need to have native-level English skills (US/UK/AU). This is mandatory.
• Our target audience is Australians so it would help if you were familiar with colloquialisms and Australian writing style. We can point out some sites for your reference if it helps.
• Ideally, we want first person experiences about places or circumstances you have actually experienced
• You can propose topics or we can suggest them for you
• We will only accept original content
• Once we have paid you for your content, we assume all ownership rights including the right to distribute and modify content if required.
• You can choose for your article to be published anonymously (in which case we may assign a pen name) or we can include a short 2 or 3 line bio/picture at the end of your content. We can also negotiate if you wish to include a link to an external site/blog.
• We welcome one-off submissions but we would really like to find quality writers who can work with us on an ongoing basis. As our site becomes more established, we hope to be able to raise the profile of contributing writers and provide higher compensation.
How we work and Payment Details
Prior to commencement of work, we will discuss and agree the topic, title, timeframes, article length, image requirements (if any), other requirements, and price. We require all content to be reviewed internally and you should expect 1 to 2 rounds of revision for each article.
How to get started?
Send us some examples of your content. Tell us about yourself, where you’ve travelled, where you live, what sort of articles / photos you would like to write for us, and what you price you will charge per article.
For the bidding purposes, please based your price on your effort to produce a typical article of 1000 words and allow for 1 to 2 revisions after your initial submission.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online