Write an eight to ten (8-10) page paper in which you:
1. Assess how technology affects FedEx's operations in the logistic industry. Assess how legal aspects affect FedEx's operations in the logistics industry.
2. Explain the following five (5) forces of competition individually:
1. Threat of new entrants
2. Bargaining power of buyers
3. Threat of substitute products and services
4. Bargaining power of suppliers
5. Rivalry amongst existing competitors.
Then choose two (2) of the five (5) forces of competition that you estimate are the most significant to FedEx's operations within the industry. Now, evaluate how well FedEx has addressed these two (2) forces in the recent past.
3. With the same two (2) forces previously selected in mind, predict what FedEx might do to improve its ability to address these forces in the near future.
4. Research and assess the external threats affecting FedEx and the opportunities available to the corporation. Give your opinions on how FedEx should deal with the most serious threat and the greatest opportunity. Justify your answer.
5. Give your opinion on FedEx's greatest strengths and most significant weaknesses. Choose the strategy or tactic that FedEx should select to take maximum advantage of its strengths, and the strategy or tactic FedEx should select to fix its most significant weakness. Justify your choices.
6. Determine FedEx's resources, capabilities, and core competencies.
Research and analyze the FedEx’s value chain to determine where they can create using the resources, capabilities, and core competencies discussed above.
7. Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.