Series of short information scripts
This project received 16 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $2464 NZD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$1500 - $3000 NZD
I am looking for a freelance creative writer to write a series of short scripts.
I have a New Zealand tourism Smartphone App with GPS based audio commentary. What I will need is the commentary to be scripted in monologue. Each audio section/topic will range from 100-1000 words (probably 80% of the work will be 200-500 words).
I will provide the fact checked data in dot point form and you will be required to convert this into a fun and entertaining script that will be read by our Voice Over artist.
I will generally provide a word length range that I would expect to be returned.
This project will run over the next 8-12 months and total between 150,000-300,000 words over approximately 400-700 short scripts.
There is only one reader so there will be no back-and-forth dialogue, just a short monologue for each topic.
As this a large on-going project, I am extremely interested in finding the right fit for my business so I will have a 3 step process, over the next 3-4 weeks, ending with the awarding of the main contract to one individual.
1) At the end of this job description you will find the dot points that make up a Point of Interest that I would expect around 100-200 words for. This will be unpaid but used as reference for me to select 5-10 people to go to stage 2.
2) Stage 2 will be a second written audition; It will be approximately a 300-500 word topic, which I will pay you $10 for your time. Information for this will be provided if you make it through the first audition. When you submit this document I would also ask for you to quote your rate per 100 words should you receive the final contract.
3) I will select a number of people from stage 2 to have a voice/skype conversation so as to make my final decision and lock in a per 100 word rate for the rest of the final contract.
As this requires a degree of humour and idiosyncrasies to be written into the script I would suggest that this is for “English as a first language” people only.
n order to understand the “tone” that I am looking for (informative and authoritative but approachable and humorous – most likely to be performed by a male voice) you can get more information on my company and app at [url removed, login to view] , If you click on the “Demo” link in the menu you will be taken to a free online version of the information we have created so far for our test market. Please note that this commentary has been written and performed by me. We are moving to getting it professionally written and recorded as well as completing the commentary for the rest of New Zealand.
Which is of course where you come in. I would expect the quality that you provide in stage 1 and 2 to be higher than what is on the demo screen.
I look forward to reading your efforts and finding the right fit for this job. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me, however I ask that you start the message with the word “Smile” so that I know you are not just forwarding me your standard resume and have read this description in full.
Although we are on a start-up budget, I am happy to pay for quality work and am looking for someone who takes the initiative and “gets” what I am trying to create.
Stage 1 application information.
Town - Omarama
•Translates to “the place of moon or light”
•Population around 300people
•One of the best places in the world for gliding (planes without engines).
- Because of its basin type shape the ground heats up and forces the air to rise as there is nowhere for it to go sideways.
- Competitions held here every year.
- Held world gliding championships in 1995
- Many world records here, including speed records, over 200km/hr without an engine!
• Main industry is Merino Sheep farming.
• Though tourism growing slowly in recent years.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online