The Inquisitive Magazine is a new magazine in Cambodia that focuses on education and development in Cambodia and other countries in Asia.
We are pleased to invite submissions for our inaugural issue in 2013.
We welcome original writings, photo essays and info-graphics on:
* Insightful perspectives on education in Cambodia and other countries in Asia
* Educational systems, trends and developments in the rest of the world
* Literacy as the pathway to employment, economic empowerment and social inclusion
* Innovative use of technology in bridging education and/or development gaps
* Travel stories with an inquisitive mind
* Personal experiences studying in a foreign land
We adopt a writer-friendly policy on rights so as to attract the best writers. We are willing to accept reprints (articles that you have published elsewhere before). However, we ask you for a First Asia Region Rights with three months of exclusivity. This means that you as the writer cannot sell the article elsewhere until three months have passed since the issue appeared. We will also allow you to add a short bio of up to 50 words to publicize your other literary achievements or other ongoing works.
Our readers are high school & university students, teachers and anyone who is interested in trends shaping education and development in Cambodia and Asia.
Payment: We pay between US$100 to 150 for all accepted submissions with First Asia Region Rights.
Print and distribution: Expected 22nd March 2013.
Distribution: 4,000 copies of each issue are distributed at cafés, restaurants, hotels, schools and other places frequented by our readers in Phnom Penh. In addition, we distribute directly at key locations such as foreign embassies.
When you submit:
Provide a cover letter that includes the following information:
* Your name, contact number and email address
* Tell us if your submission is exclusive to us or if you have submitted to other magazines as well
* A short bio of up to 50 words
The word count per submission should be between 1,500 to 2,000 words.
The dateline for submission for this issue is the 24th February 2013.
Our editors endeavor to respond to all your submissions and queries within five working days. This means we will quickly tell you if we will consider your article for publication and if so, we may also have specific requests for edits or changes to the writing, together with proper feedback.
Our website: [url removed, login to view]