As a music producer, I keep lots of different versions of the same songs when I’m making music – all with minor differences.
Currently I have no easy way to tell the difference between the versions of the audio files. I also have no way to group together versions of the same track.
WHAT I NEED TO CREATE:
A lightweight Mac OS X Music Player and Audio File Manager to be used by music producers. Think of it as a simplified iTunes with version control for the audio files.
STANDARD AUDIO PLAYER FUNCTIONALITY:
• Drag and drop audio files into app
• Copy files to local library (create a database)
• Play WAV / AIFF / FLAC / MP3 / AAC / OGG etc
• View Album Artwork
• iD3 tag editing
• Playlists (add / edit / drag and drop files into)
MUSIC PRODUCER FUNCTIONALITY:
• Store comments on tracks
• Store versions of tracks - hidden / collapsible within each other
• Talented and ambitious Mac OS developer with skills in C/C++
• Have your own ideas to improve the software
• Able to work without constant supervision
• Willing to test, test and test again
• Have a good grasp of English
• A music fan
This is going to be an exciting project and I have many more additional features I'd like to add in the future. If you'd like to get involved, please bid.
I can send you more detailed brief information and a design once you've signed an NDA and I understand your skillset.
11 freelancers are bidding on average £2399 for this job
Hi We are interested in your project and read your [url removed, login to view] have completed 150+ big projects in last 5 years. Please check private message board for details.