We work for a music company from the 1970s who hasn’t traded in 20 years. They own the rights to large amount of music. This music hasn’t been available from us since the 1970 when it was available on Vinyl LP. We are in the process of obtaining digital copies of this music for archive purposes. A small portion of the music they own the rights to has appeared on digital streaming services such as Spotify, often without their permission. As they no longer possess the masters for a lot of this music we want to “record” copies of this music from Spotify for them.
The job is to record from a PC audio stream 100 tracks which we own the rights to. The job involves the following steps.
1) Opening Spotify and going to the album (we will provide the Spotify Full Account)
2) Syncing the Album so a copy is held on the hard disc of the PC so it can be played without Buffering.
3) Queing up the album and playing it.
4) Using “Replay Music 5” software from Applan to record the Audio Stream as WAVs or 320 MP3s (we will pay for licence)
5) Saving each Song as an individual File in a pre-determind naming plan (CATXXX_01 – Artist – Track (Mix) )
6) Updating a spreadsheet to record the track recorded. One Row for each track with 7 columns of Data.
7) Opening the File In Wavelab, Audacity (or Similar), using the “Check For Skip” Errors function
8) Converting the audio files to WAV 16bit 44khz files and sending to us.
Once familiar with the procedure it can be done in real time. To prevent possible skips and other noises though you would not be able to use your PC while the recording was happening. A song may take 3 – 5 minutes to record but the work to cue it up and paste into the XLS would be 1 or 2 minutes. We have 100 tracks we want to obtain, about 300-400 minutes of music / recording.
8 freelancers are bidding on average $126 for this job
I have the ability to do this project in my studio With all my own software. I will not need you to purchase anything else or me. I also have Wavelab to clean up anything that needs to be.