Capture the sound of the selected Mac App
This project received 2 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $2250 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
I am looking for someone to provide me with an Objective C class (for Mac OS 10.7-10.8) that can be used to record the audio that is played from another app or "whole out device" (out sound device -> program -> file). No microphone! Need record sounds, for example, from/through iTunes. System sounds themselves are not interested in.
A. The class must only use public methods available in the latest SDK.
B. Creating driver, kext etc is restricted. And no restarting the system after app is installing/start. See, for example (!), as it doing in Ondesoft Audio Recorder... It no installing the kext for capturing app's sounds (only for system sounds)...
1. Pls, check Core Audio, Audio Services, AUHAL, Ring Buffer.
2. Remember: this class should not be the driver/kext. No need to write the system audio, class should to capture audio from applications.
3. Minimum class should capture the "whole" audio device (with or without system sounds). Preferably it must capture the selected musical app, for example, iTunes, Winamp (for Mac), Clementine, VLC, MPlayer, QuickTime Player etc. and also browsers, at least Safari. So, no microphone as input device.
4. Important: no additional third-party drivers!
5. Class should to write the stream to a mp3 file, but preferably, to selected format and bitrate.
The interface must have at least the following methods:
- record: starts recording the audio
- stop: stops the recording, encodes to MP3 format and saves the file
The deliverable should be an XCode project with a working demo (Cocoa) using this function to record sounds played through running apps or, preferably, selected app. In GUI must be present choice of a particular application (also, may be, "whole sound input"): at least, iTunes, Safari, QuickTime Player, also (preferable) bitrate & type of out file format.
Language of classes may be c++, of course (but in Cocoa for Mac OS).
Sorry for my bad English.
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online