Dance music producer/Engineer needed - Ongoing Projects! - repost
This project received 11 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $217 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
Established dance music producer seeks outsourced assistant for final mixdown and finishing touches to a range of partially completed tracks and projects.
To date we have a number of releases on European and Australian labels, offers of remixes from well known electronic producers and upcoming international tours. To be frank, we simply do not have the time to finish off the huge backlog of tracks/projects and bring them up to release stage.
This position seeks a very particular individual:
- MUST use Logic Pro 7 or 9(we will be distributing work via session files only). Protools/cubase etc is of no use for this project regardless of your talent with other platforms.
- MUST utilise the same plug-in suites as ourselves (we are happy to share licenses with the right person)
- MUST have an interest and experience in higer-energy electronic dance music. Tempos 140-160bpm.
- MUST be a creative individual musically capable of thinking outside the box, tinkering with various styles/genres and generally loves this kind of work.
Given the amazing community here at GAF, we look forward to submissions. To qualify as a suitable bid you will supply the following: (anything less and the bid will be deleted, no exceptions, sorry guys)
- Demoreel/links to released tracks/links to works - the more thorough the better. A range of styles and demonstration of capabilities will be highly regarded
- Brief description of your studio or facilities
- Overview of your experience in this field
- Supply a bid based on a standard, 1day long project as documented below. Each future track will be arranged on a per-track basis.
Should we find the right individual, future work will be arranged directly and an ongoing relationship and workflow formed. As an indication, the intended workflow is as follows:-
- Logic 7 or 9 session file containing all audio used, all plug-in settings and a 1st round mix distributed to the engineer. Track laid out in full, around 80% complete, rough production-only mix.
- Engineer would finish off track (sweeps/filters/transitional elements) as per agreement with artist. Creative input most welcome.
- Engineer would produce final mix and send to artist for approval
- Artist will make release arrangements
- Upon release approval, enginner will provide final master for distribution
- Engineer to be fully credited (as creative individuals we believe this to be important)
- Payment on a track-by-track basis depending on complexity. Flat fee.
- Artist retains all copyright and a contract may be formed between the two parties
- As audio engineers and producers ourselves, each track should take you around 1day to complete in most cases.
- This is a great opportunity for both parties to work on a creative and establishes project, push the boundaries and generally have a ball doing it.
- Bids expected around $100US Max per track.
- Track samples via PM request only.
All questions in advance - outrageous bids/non reponse to the provided questions or lack of examples will see your bid deleted. Sorry guys, but GAF has its downsides.
We look forward to hearing from you!!
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online