Needed - Travel Writers, Asia (US$5 per article)
This project received 15 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $53 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
I have a travel website that is intended to host information for independent travelers seeking unique or special travel experiences around destinations within the Asia Pacific region. I am seeking travel writers to provide erspectives and information that are good enough for my readers to plan their own trip or build their itinerary. The travel destinations that I intend to cover are listed below.
Expectations on what the article shall include are stated below. Payment for each article is currently set at US$5. It will be sent via Paypal.
If you can submit short 200 – 300 words sample articles that you had written previously to demonstrate that your writing style is compatible to what we are looking for, that would help me make a decision to engage you a lot easier and faster.
If your final submitted articles are good, I may even work something out with you for future articles.
Requirements as a Travel Writer:
- Excellent writer and ability to express himself/herself in a clear, interesting, and witty manner.
- Exceptional command of the English language, especially good grammar, is expected.
- Using your perspective as an independent traveler, write about both popular and uncommon (but provides interesting experiences!) places around Asia. Original content is required (Copyscape will be used to check)
- Ideally, you should have been to the place you are writing about and show that in your article. If not, you have to sound very convincing in what you write.
- Fulfill requirements of article (see below; More details on the required content will be PM to you if you are chosen)
- Timely submission of articles (3 days from confirmation)
• Bali, Indonesia
• Jakarta, Indonesia
• Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
• Hong Kong, China
• Guangzhou, China
• Macau, China
• Hainan, China
• Kunming, China
• Taipei, Taiwan
• Kaohsiung, Taiwan
• Ho Chih Minh City, Vietnam
• Da Nang and Hue, Vietnam
• Hanoi and Sapa, Vietnam
• Bangkok, Thailand
• Chiang Mai, Thailand
• Koh Samui, Thailand
• Phnom Penh, Cambodia
• Palawan Island, Philippines
• Manila, Philippines
• Darwin, Australia
• Perth, Australia
Please quote in your bid or send a PM to my inbox on the destinations you intend to write about. For destinations not included in this list, you can also drop me suggestions in my inbox for consideration.
Short Guide on Required Article Content:
1) Unique personal encounters at destination
2) A short summary on what defines the destination – culture, history, significant event, the people, etc…
3) What makes it so interesting / refreshing that makes people want to visit the place.
4) How to get to the destination
5) The top 10 “Things to see and do” in or within reasonable vicinity of destination. Top 10 based on the experience it provides to travelers.
6) The top 5 “Places to stay”.
7) The top 5 restaurants / food outlet to try at destination.
8) Two to three things to avoid doing in that destination
9) A summary of each of the recommended places stated in #4 - #7, providing follow up info such as URL, phone, email, etc...
Note that the short guide is only a summary. Details of this guide will be PM to you if chosen.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online