Essay on cultural diversity
This project received 33 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $274 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
This assignment has you reflect on cultural preferences, cultural differences among your classmates, the relationship between what we eat and who we are, and discover the sociological values inherent in our everyday lives (Estes, Jack “Best Practices for Teaching with a Global Perspective”).
This essay should be at least 400 words considering the saying “You are what you eat.” For the first part, you will write about a particular food that you eat in your families that you consider to be a part of your culture. Also look for something that you many have been raised on which most of your friends don’t usually eat. Please explain what this particular food means to you and how it may in fact help define who you are (Estes, Jack “Best Practices for Teaching with a Global Perspective”). For the second part examine more thoughtfully the association of that food with your own culture Estes, Jack “Best Practices for Teaching with a Global Perspective”).
You will post your essay on in the assignment tab by Marchth at 2:00 p.m.
1. The paper must be 400 words, 1” margins, Times New Roman or Arial 12 point font, double spaced, correct grammar and spelling, and ASA citation format with references—10 points will be deducted if these requirements are not met.
—10 points will be deducted if this requirement is not met.
2. If you do not cite within the text and with a reference at the end of your paper using ASA format, you will receive a “zero” on the essay as this is plagiarism. Please see the writing tips, and the website referred to in this syllabus on proper ASA citations and references—30 points will be deducted.
3. The paper essay must identify and define relevant sociological concepts, ideas, or theories from the textbook—15 points will be deducted if these requirements are not met.
4. The paper apply sociological concepts, ideas, and or theories to the textbook—15 points will be deducted if these requirements are not met.
5. The paper must be attached in BB as a .doc or .docx document format. I will not accept any other format, and this is to ensure I can open the document. If you have a MAC computer, then you can use a campus computer to convert the format. You will not receive any points for the project or an automatic “0 if this requirement is not met—60 points will be deducted.
Contact the ITAP if you need assistance.
? Discuss the food you have identified as part of your culture.
? Apply sociological concepts, and ideas that explain the association of that food with your culture.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online