We are seeking a Space Planner/Designer to provide a top-down Space and Utilization Layout for a Kitchen in a high-rise building in Bangkok, Thailand. The entire apartment will be rebuilt from bare shell/gray shell and therefore, other than the structural column (in dark gray) and window, things such as the location of power points and water/drainage can be placed wherever needed.
The Kitchen will be used for cooking and not just for visual effect. However, the visual effect needs to be considered as the apartment does not have a "formal dining room" and therefore the appearance of the cooking area becomes more important.
Required Kitchen Features
The Kitchen Layout submitted to us should have the following features:
• Sufficient counterspace for food preparation, storage and small appliances. Counterspace is virtually nonexistent in the attached drawings and must be corrected..
• An in-wall/in-cabinet microwave oven, a conventional oven and if possible a steam oven although the third oven is not mandatory.
• A 36-inch cooktop/hob which must be electric as gas is not allowed.
• A large refrigerator-freezer: we recognize that we will not have sufficient space for two side-by-side units.
• A dishwasher (machine) and a countertop dish drying rack drawn.
• A really well-placed large sink or preferably two sinks: one for dishwashing and the other for food preparation. Sink placement is another problem in the attached drawings. If, as we believe, a sink is not practical on the Island if the cooktop/hob is also on the Island, then no water source, such as a pot-filler, is necessary on the Island
• A standard water-cooler installed in a cabinet. We will build it to slide out on a tray so that we can change the water bottles.
• At least two built-in garbage pails properly located. Provisions in the Kitchen for recycling are not necessary.
• A place for a computer/TV: probably an all-in-one computer with TV tuner.
• We have a general preference for cabinets that go up to the ceiling per the attached drawings.
We are Providing or Can Provide
Attached are dimensioned drawings prepared by someone far more interested in selling kitchen cabinets than creating a functional workspace with a proper “cooking triangle."
These drawings are provided exclusively for dimensional purposes, and they are accurate. All cabinet positions, appliance placements and designations can be reconsidered by the Consultant.
What We Want From You
The deliverable is very simple: we need dimensioned drawings sufficient to show the placement of all appliances, countertops, features, design details as well as drawers, upper and lower cabinets.
What We Do Not Need
We do not need recommendations for and by kitchen cabinet and stone countertop suppliers or appliance vendors.
We do not need recommendations for Kitchen cabinetry door/drawer designs; material, hardware, lighting or any other design details.
We do not need drawings representing design elements and decisions. We only need drawings sufficient for space planning.
1. There is a chair and part of a dining table shown close to the Kitchen’s Island shown in the first drawing. The Table is drawn in its extended position which has seating for eight. Ordinarily, it is set up for seating for four and can be expanded/lengthened twice to six or eight. As a result, the chair and table will not be as close to the Island as shown in the drawings unless we have many visitors. Day-to-day there will be more room to circulate around the Island.
2. To the right of the Island, behind the cabinetry, there are the structural elements of a sliding/pocket door which is located at the Kitchen's entry. While it does restrict the depth of the cabinetry at this location, we cannot change this detail as we need this pocket door.
3. As was mentioned above, only the structural column to the right of where the "fridge" is drawn cannot be moved. Everything else is open to consideration.
38 freelancers are bidding on average $163 for this job
Hello sir, I will be able to help you on this task. I have experience in programming and designing kitchens. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.
I come with 12 years professional kitchen design experience, specializing in space planning and 3D color rendering all done on the Articad Design programme. Would love to work on this project!!