Experienced linux script programmer - V
This project received 11 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $80 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
No canned responses or bad words in messages or will be reported to GAF. Bid over $30 will be rejected.
Those who have applied before and did not get a response do not apply again - move out.
We have a small (one file) linux bash script, that converts and rotates uploaded .3gp files into .flv (ffmpeg, mencoder etc.) and put in production folder - It watches the upload folder in server and uses fuser to make sure the file upload is fully completed, then converts and rotates 90 and put in production folder.
It's a small script, except for import statements and loops etc, there are exactly 2 commands in the script does the convert and rotate. The orginal programmer did a bad job and used timers for interval. It becomes buggy with little big 2-3 mb files or with few of uploads at a time.
Looking for very Experienced linux programmer, to rewrite the logic and remove the timers, it should be able to 'Stack' the job queue and process in the order. Right now, it converts gp3 to avi to get a thumbnail and then avi to flv. This process is bad and should be eliminated. It should directly convert 3gp to flv and take a thumb. Our current programmer who is on vacation now, said there are some old binaries of ffmpeg/mencoder installed in the server. It should be a quick job for someone who lives in linux programming.
The things to rewrite/fix.
1. Remove timers and use thread. The current timer thing is so bad, if a file takes time to process, since the timer is like in 5 sec intervals, it tries to process same file twice and corrupts the output.
2. There will be 100s of upload at once, it should be able to put pending converts in a queue and process them one by one.
3. It must Not convert the 3gp files into avi, rotate and then to flv but it's doing like that now. It should directly convert into flv, rotate and take a thumb. Avi converting process takes time and extra load in the server.
4. Stop, remove the current script in server and install the updated one. It shall effect the live production server directly.
Top of your bid agree and add - 'I've read the details carefully and worked with ffmpeg, mencoder and related codecs before'.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online