Creating Work Order Routing System
This project was successfully completed by consus for $1500 USD in 30 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
Completed In30 days
I have a basic framework of how I want this Work order routing system laid out.
Current situation: I have a lot of custom jobs that come into our shop and need a way to keep track of where they are at all times, as well as a way to keep track of what type of work needs to be done on the job.
Important: I want this system to INTEGRATE with quickbooks invoicing therefore eliminating double data entry!
Here is how I want the system to route:
1) it comes into the office and we must create a ticket for it. The required fields for the ticket can be seen in the attached file (NOTES [url removed, login to view])
2) once the ticket has been created, it will be entered into the database and put into the production line. Depending on what work needs to be done on the job the person responsible for entering the job will be able to select the stage it should be starting in. The way we want to track the stage of production is via a barcode system. We would have one central computer responsible for scanning jobs. The way we would scan jobs would be first scan the BOX that the job would be going into, THEN we would scan the job(s) that go into the box. So for example a job comes in that needs to be repaired, we would scan the repair box and then scan the barcode on the job that was recently entered into the system. I want to be able to add more boxes in the future so preferably we want a system settings where we can do that.
3) When the job is ready to be handed out to production by an employee, we will keep track of which employee has the job by scanning the employee barcodes, then the job assigned to the employee. When scanning the jobs, i also want the TIME to be tracked. So whenever a job moves, i want to be able to record with the job what time the job moves anywhere along the production line. Also i want to be able to add and remove employees as i please.
4) Once jobs have progressed to the final stage, we would scan the box labeled "Ready for invoicing" and then the job. This would push the job out of the production phase and into invoicing stage. This should then say the job is sitting in the "ready for invoicing" box. Once the account executive is ready to price the job he will be able to go into the pricing function of the program and enter the price. The way the prices will be entered is based on certain fields. So we want to have a few specific fields such as supply costs, labor costs, etc (basically a break down of prices), as well as the ability to just override the breakdown and put a lump sum price. Once the price and all component data is been entered, we will want to be able to push a button to send it to QUICKBOOKS and automatically generate an invoice based on all our data entered into this new database. Along with generating a quickbooks invoice, I want the ability to email the pricing sheet to the customer (where it outlines all the fields we entered earlier, such as supply costs, labor costs etc). Once jobs have been sent to quickbooks for invoicing, this should take the job OUT of the production queue and put it into an archiving database to refer to past jobs.
5) In addition to the routing process, i want to have a spreadsheet style way to viewing all jobs that are "active" and not out of production yet. Example of this is in attached file NOTES 4
Please PM with any questions, this is a very basic framework without much details yet. As we progress through the project I expect there to be a lot of more details to add.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online