arduino GPRS autonomous water meter data logger
This project received 13 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of £504 GBP.Get free quotes for a project like this
== Arduino GPRS autonomous water meter data logger ==
Looking for an experienced arduino programmer with gprs experience and some hardware knowledge to write a sketch for me and provide general advice on deployment.
Hardware to be used: Seeduino stalker v2.3 / seeed GPRS shield / Seeed 6A LiPo battery / Seeed 3W Solar Panel / Sensus HRI
The sensus HRI is a battery powered semi-intelligent pulse generator with two wired outputs and a common ground; pulse and a boolean anti-tamper/error status. A full spec will be provided.
== Core software functionality ==
- Logger to collect meter pulses (int) and error status (boolean) and save them with a timestamp after p1 period (eg 5 min) as a simple count since last timestamp and cumulative count since time began.
- Transmit collected data in json / cosm format (as a PUT) every p2 period (eg hourly) to client defined HTTPS URL
- Operate as much as possible in a power saving mode consistent with continuous autonomous operation on solar power.
- No data to be lost (eg in case of failed communications or some other response besides a 200 OK, data is cached until proper communication resumes)
== Additional software functionality ==
1) Seeduino Temperature, battery voltage and charging status to be included in data transmission
2) At every data transmission also perform a POST request to a client defined HTTPS URL, the response may contain one or more parameters (in a format to be agreed) which will adjust various settings in the device, including:
- Device ID
- API key (ref. COSM API)
- title (ref. COSM API)
- id (ref. COSM API)
- The PUT and POST urls
- RTC time corrections
- p1 and p2 periods (in seconds)
- cumulative count corrections
== The successful bidder will be required to ==
- First scope the project, recommend hardware or functionality changes if necessary.
- Write a sketch with the agreed functionality which will work on the agreed hardware.
- Provide some advice on deployment.
== Deliverables ==
- Sketch which will work with the above hardware.
- If necessary, provide some advice on deployment.
- Provide advice on connecting the pulse sensor.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online