Disable Windows File-Locking
This project received 1 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $800 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Skillset: reverse engineering, software cracking. You are to modify Windows OS so that it does not create any new file locks. Rather than adding to the number of processes, give preference to taking away. In other words, rather than have locks created, then removing them with another routine: don't let locks be created in the first place.
Ideas to look into:
[url removed, login to view] contains routines LockFile and LockFileEx
OpenFile*** functions may also be responsible
user-mode call of NtOpenFile**
Share-Mode parameter with 7 (mix of all the sharemode states)
Do this for Windows XP and Windows 7. Or give price for only one if you prefer.
I am currently using XP SP2 with [url removed, login to view] from SP1, so I would like to try this first. Some of the tests I would do, after disabling all File Shadow Copy services:
- MS Office having a file open, and trying to open it with another app.
- Carbonite backup service accessing files and not locking them, while I use them with other applications.
- Unlocker not showing any file locks, even with file in use (unless you find a way in which locks are always ignored)
- some other combination of programs using the same file without each other knowing
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online