I am looking for a programmer who can create a program that will automatically make trades using Interactive Brokers C++ or Java API.
Currently I am using the Interactive Brokers Excel API. All initial orders are buy orders only. It works as follows:
1. For each stock I stream market depth data into Excel.
2. Using only this market depth data plus the current order data (current price and quantity that the order is placed at), I have formulas in cells ‘1 and 2’ that calculate what price and quantity orders should be placed at initially.
3. Whenever the value in cells ‘1 or 2’ changes, a macro sends these new orders through to IB.
4. At a specific time for a specified group of stocks:
a. The automatic placing of orders in step 2 ceases, and;
b. For specific stocks which orders are already placed, the cells where price and quantity is derived from changes from ‘1 and 2’ to cells ‘3 and 4’.
5. Whenever the value in cells ‘3 or 4’ changes, a macro sends these new orders through to IB as in step 3.
6. At a specified time the program ceases to automatically update price and quantity for specific groups of stocks from cells ‘3 and 4’ and cancels all the unfilled orders.
1. When an order is filled, a sell order is automatically placed with the price and quantity of this order derived from cells ‘5 and 6’. The formula in these cells uses only the market depth data in the price equation and the quantity is the quantity purchased.
2. Whenever the value in cells ‘5 or 6’ changes, a macro sends these amended orders through to IB.
3. As orders may be healed overnight, this automatic updating of price and quantity for open positions begins and ceases and specific times (market open and close).
Currently this all works fine but I am looking to speed up the order placement / amendment process as Excel is quite slow.
Essential I am looking for a program created in C++ or Java that replicates the current process in Excel. I would like to be able to myself add in:
• The price and quantity equations which I currently have in excel and which are derived entirely from market depth
• The times to start and stop placing orders for each stock
Note: I have only basic programming knowledge
Preferable you will have experience with the IB's API