Java JNI wrapper for FTDI works for Mac+Linux, debug on Windows
This project received 5 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $210 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
We have a small java JNI wrapper that interfaces to [url removed, login to view] USB devices. The wrapper is a jar file containing the native and java code. When started, the java code polls the local machine for os type and then loads the correct native library from the jar file. This is transparent to the user.
This all works nicely on Mac and Linux machines - those development platforms that I have access to.
On Windows our tests fail and no ftdi devices are detected.
We're looking for someone with experience in using ftdi devices under windows to review and make corrections to the native jni wrapper to get this working under windows.
1. Java class for Ftdi
2. JNI C code that works on mac and linux, compiles and loads without error on Windows 7, but does not work as expected on Windows 7
3. copies of the ftdi libraries
4. a set of basic tests to pass on windows
1. revised source code and instructions for compiling on windows
2. evidence that tests pass
3. a single dll of all the native elements needed to run on Windows 7. No external dependencies are allowed except what ships out of the box with Windows 7.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online