85093 Windows Desktop Application
This project was awarded to AMO for $200 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
I need a Windows GUI wrapper for a java command line program. The aim is to have a easy to use system that administrators can use to allow users to copy their files to the computer with the application on it and have them automatically processed by the command line software.
The GUI applications needs the following features:
- The ability for the admin to set the locations (user directories) and frequency of checking for newly copied files. Each user will have their own share folder.
- Unzip any folders if the user has copied the files in zipped format.
- Filter for the right file type (this is pretty simple and involves the looking at the first four bytes of the files).
- Move the files on to a queue folder for processing.
- Pass the files from the queue folder to the command line program. The command line software has a very simple interface, with only the input and output file or directory paths passed (ie ./commandlineprogram C:\input\ C:\output\).
- Move the processed files back to each users output directory location. The directory structure should mirror that of the input structure. The administrator should have the option to have the files/folders put in the user output folders in either a zipped or unzipped form.
- Parse the command line program's logfile and generate a summary of the processing. This is straightforward as the logfile is in xml format and I already have php code that does this.
- Automatically move the user file/folders into a archive after a certain period of time has elapsed. The location and time for this move should be able to be set by the administrator.
The command line program is too complex to set up on your end (it requires three other external software package and is a total pain). For testing purposes you will need to write a basic stub program. All this stub program needs to do is copy the input files to the output directory.
I have no preference for which language this is written in. I have had too many bad experiences with programmers who start projects then disappear so you will need to update me with your progress daily. Payment will be by escrow or on completion.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online