C++ Scanning Media files, Extract MetaData and Expose Interface for NodeJS
This project received 2 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $200 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
I need the following done:
1. Get location of files from a configuration file (Conf. file will be provided)
2. Do Scan of all files from the location and extract metadata from those file (using TagLib - Open Source Library)
3. Read Each file, extract metadata (I will tell you which metadata, about 15 fields) and populate database (SQLLite database-Db structure will be provided)
4. Store Statistics in DB
5. Close DB
Expose 2 functions within the C++ module as NodeJS hooks.
1. Scan - As described above - fresh and clean database
2. Update - Only scan files and update information from files that have changed.
I will prefer the entire module written in C++. Programmers who have good C++ concepts and programming skills and also know how to interface with NodeJ will be considered.
This has to compile under a standard Linux Compiler (gcc).
This project is to establish a working rapport with the programmer, there are multiple projects to be followed up on the pipleline.
Please give examples of code you have written while bidding in a separate message. For someone who knows the above skills, it should between an hour to two to do the job.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online