Convert a visual basic service into a linux service
This project was successfully completed by suriyant for $242 USD in 7 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
Completed In7 days
We have a simple Windows Service that was developed under visual basic 6.0. It makes checks of the local operating system and then makes a web request to log the information. We wish to have this converted into a service that can be installed onto a linux machine (redhat, Ubuntu, Centos, Raspberry PI OS).
The service has the following functionality:
1. Check into a web server and report in (like a status ping)
2. If the server / service gets restarted, check into the web server and report restarted.
3. Check web service for configuration eg: check local disk space, check certain services are running, ping local ip addresses and report back if they are offline to web service.
4. If the services have been flagged to be online all the time and they are offline, the service running will try and restart them.
Stage 2 of the project will be Restful API service for this to connect into and update the mysql database.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online