Bridge between Verifone Credit-Card Terminal and SQL db
This project received 9 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of €1237 EUR.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget€750 - €1500 EUR
Looking for a skilled programmer who can build an application between an ecommerce store and a Verifone Nurit 8020 credit card terminal.
We run since years a e-commerce store selling digital downloadable products. The website is based in mySQL+php with Cubecart 4 (very similar to Magento and Zendcart). Customers place orders typing their credit card numbers, and we manually type the credit card data on our Verifone Nurit 8020 terminal. Once the payment has been approved, we manually activate their order.
Due the amount of daily orders, we need to automate the process of manually typing this data on our terminal, but we still want to keep using our terminal, since fees are way much cheaper than PayPal.
THE SOLUTION WE SEARCH FOR:
The main idea is to plug our credit card terminal permanently to a local PC through a COM port cable. (Yes, the terminal has a PC interface). Our local PC should connect as well to a sort of daemon on our server that delivers by SSL the credit card data to our local PC, and the PC transfers it to the credit card terminal. Once the order has been approved (or denied) the status of the transaction is transfered to the server approving (or canceling if is the case) the customer's order.
Another solution can be that the local PC reads the website's admin page, managing all the tasks from there.
FEATURES WE NEED:
- For security reasons, none of the code can be encypted, in order to be reviewed by a 3th party developer that will aprove that the transmission of credit card data is safe.
- We will need a legal invoice of the work done.
PROBLEMS THAT MAY ARISE ON THIS PROJECT
- We can not provide to the developer with our Verifone Nurit 8020 terminal. However we are located in Barcelona (Spain) and if the developer has the chance, he or she can use in our location our terminal. If the developer prefers to find an unexpensive used terminal (Nurit 8000 series) on eBay, we can repurchase.
- The Verifone Nurit terminal uses its own language, called NOS, and it seems pretty similar to C. There will be the need of developing a module for the terminal to input credit card data through the COM port, and transmit the status of the transaction as well. We can provide SDK (Software Developing Tools) for the terminal and all the documentation of the commands that this languages uses. On this documentation there is all the commands requiered to transfer and receive packets of data through the COM port and process a payment.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online