Small C Programming Projects and Answering Questions - repost
- Status Completed
- Budget $30 - $250 USD
- Total Bids 3
You should have expert knowledge of C-Programming and the Unix environment. allowing you to complete the project with 8-24 hours
Project is about creating a simple functional in two parts networked filesystem
The first stage of a project is focused on the file I/O portion of the project.
to complete it you will use POSIX file system calls, There are four basic steps
1. Read the code; run the benchmark provided benchmark and project test suite.
2. Implement basic file I/O operations functionality
3. Implement directory operations, file creation/deletion, and recursive
4. Modify the benchmark to use your client-server file I/O methods.
The second stage of the project focuses on memory. You will implement
your own version of malloc() and free(), using a variety of allocation strategies.
You will be implementing a memory manager for a block of memory. You will
implement routines for allocating and deallocating memory, and keeping track of
what memory is in use. You will implement four strategies for selecting in
which block to place a new requested memory black:
1) First-fit: select the first suitable block with smallest address.
2) Best-fit: select the smallest suitable block.
3) Worst-fit: select the largest suitable block.
4) Next-fit: select the first suitable block after
the last block allocated (with wraparound
from end to beginning).
While this may seem like a lot of work, a good deal of the code is provided
to you, along with test suites and more detailed instructions.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online