C Library Enhancement
- Status Completed
- Budget $30 - $250 USD
- Total Bids 11
We have a C Library which is working fine as a public library. The main feature of the code is to perform a lookup from binary file. The library has ~1k lines of code. We want to enhance the library further with the below requirements.
1. Add cache memory and shared memory search if users OS supporting it. The library performs the I/O read from data file which is a bottleneck. We want to improve the search performance using cached and shared memory method. If OS allowed, users can load the data file into common memory area and reduce the slow file I/O.
2. Make sure the C library and compilation method works in Windows, Linux, Unix, and Mac OS operating system in both 32 bits and 64 bits architecture.
3. Make sure the C library supports PECL, and submit to [url removed, login to view] repository.
4. This C library has been used in others projects. Therefore the interfaces must not be altered to ensure the compatibility.
C, Linux, memcached, shared memory, PECL, file I/O, binary searchGet free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online