Log file normalization and compression - C/C++
- Status Closed
- Budget N/A
- Total Bids 42
I have a system that generates very large log files. Each log file can be hundreds of Megabytes in textual format and the files contain a lot of redundancy.
I want a software that does the following:
1) Normalizes the log files by reading them, converting them to structured format (e.g. XML).
2) Compresses the new log file using LZMA.
3) Re-creates the original text format from the XML format.
4) The ultimate goal is to send the data in the log files using minimal network bandwidth.
Since LZMA API is only available as C/C++ library, I'd like the software to be implemented using C/C++. I'm open to suggestions though.
I'll send you more details including sample log files once we establish a communication.
Let me know if you have any questions.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online