iPhone App that can output and use scraped data
This project has been awarded to beepig for $333 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$100 - $300 USD
I am seeking a programmer/iphone app developer who can develop an iPhone app that will be able to organise and display data scraped/mined from multiple websites, as well as use the data to preform functions inside the app (Will explain more to bid winner)
I want to create an iPhone app that will essentially allow people to determine needed information only available on the web and use it for other functions.
- I need a script that will scrape the data i need and re-organise it and serve it to the app for output
- I need a script that will monitor changes to the data and update the database and serve to the app for immediate output
- I need a script that will use this data to determine whether an alarm goes off or not.
Happy to take advise on the best way to get the data from a website to the app, and for it to be as instantaneous following updates to the website data. Do i need the data scraped then organised into a database first before served to the app or other methods? What server needs to i have if any?
- Code the UI for multiple screens
- Organises and outputs data scraped from 2 specific websites
- Optimised for portrait and landscape
- Simple Search
- Setting up "My Favourites" - allows user to define the specific data they want to see without having to search each time
- View "My Favourites" information
- Set/activate alert tone when updated data received for "my item"
- Alarm function
- Allow users to create specifications on when alarm should go off
- Nag/more screen
- install flurry analytics
- provide testing prior to UAT
- install iAds
- assist in submitting to app store
- advise and set up of server requirements
- install "Rate My App" push notification - i have the code, just need it installing.
I need this job completing quickly, and would like you to provide me with the following for review prior to interview...
- examples of any design/programming on the iPhone or other mobile applications
- examples/details of any data scraping/mining tasks you have completed
- links to any previous applications that are available in the App Store
- based on the little amount of information i have give you an estimate on number of hours/days to complete in full, including UAT and bug fixing
Please include testing in the bid
I need the candidate to be available to discuss on either Skype or Gtalks instant messaging platforms throughout the project duration
In response to this job posting please provide the code word "KOKOMO" so that i know you have taken time to read the whole post. I will automatically decline applications where the code word has not been given.
I am separately seeking someone to do the UI design but if you are able to provide UI design work as well please include as a separate item in the bid price and provide examples of your UI design skills.
I have technical documentation ready to go once i have decided on the development team and discussed a few areas needing advice.
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online