Programmer for Arduino Based Camera Intervelometer
This project received 6 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $334 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
I am currently looking to build a simple camera intervelometer, with added stepper motor control. This is a device used to control how often a camera takes pictures, whilst moving it along a rail system. An example can be seen here: [url removed, login to view]
Being from a mechanical background my knowledge on the area is quite limited, so I am emailing to see if you would be up to the task. I have seen many successful projects built around arduino boards, so I see that as a good building block (if you have any better ideas let me know).
The basic unit would need to have the following functions:-
• A full user interface, so the device can be controlled out in the field without need for a laptop or similar.
• An intervelometer to control camera shooting. This will include options such as maximum number of images, delay between images, etc.
• Shoot - move - shoot capability. The device tells the camera to take an image. After the image is done, the motor turns on and moves the device a set distance along the track (previously defined by the user). The camera then takes another photo, and the process repeats.
• Manual control over the motor, so it can be run at a constant speed, without stopping.
There is a possibility that a circuit board might need to be designed to simplify the design (and also include connections such as the [url removed, login to view] camera jack). There are similar devices already on the internet (open source too), but for legal reasons I cannot use them.
There will be more detail provided for the necessary functions, so if you think you are up to the task let me know. We can then talk about how many hours such a project might come to realise, and the necessary rates.
Thanks for your time,
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online