We have simple software from transfering files between server and client. Target of this project is to convert simple client side written in C# into Windows NT service (C or C++). Part of the solution should be service manager with icon in Windows tray. It should be written preferably in C# and has very basic functionality (modify service parameters, start service, stop service).
Existing solution uses these technologies: 2 threads, 2 TCP connections open to server, monitoring single directory on local filesystem.
See attached file for printscreen of existing client.
We will provide:
- source code of client side in C# (full project in Visual Studio)
- access to server side for testing
- application in Visual Studio with these components:
- windows service with the same functionality
- service manager - 1 window (start, stop, edit parameters) with tray icon
- Windows installer
7 freelancers are bidding on average $103 for this job
Your main requirements are clear. We can do this for you and we have mentioned how we are going to do this in the message we sent you. Please go through it and contact us for more details. Solution Infinity.
Hi, I am assuming the new service in C/C++ should be using MFC or something similar not CLR/.NET, right? I am not very sure if the conversion will provide a lot of performance gain in modern systems.