Game Development, Mobile Games
This project received 20 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $22 USD / hour.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$15 - $25 USD / hour
We're looking for passionate, top-notch people to join us in creating groundbreaking mobile gaming experiences. Our first free-to-play game, High Noon, proved that you don't have to be a copycat game to reach #1 in the Top Grossing charts. The secret, we believe, is in aiming high, and empowering passionate and talented people organized into small, agile teams. Are you up for it?
Game Software Engineer (3D)
About the job
- Create cutting-edge mobile games using cross-platform, 3D technologies
- Optimize client side code to squeeze out the best user experience and most stunning effects possible on mobile hardware
- Creative and Analytical - You must be a great problem solver, with the ability to dive deeply into complex problems and emerge with clear and pragmatic solutions.
- Knowledge - You live and breath 3D concepts, algorithms and engines. You know every trick in the book to squeeze the very best performance out of limited hardware
- Teamwork - You love working with smart people and winning as a team. You love sharing knowledge because it makes the entire team more effective.
- 2 years full-time working experience in a similar position
- Experience working in 3D engines. Unity experience is a huge plus
- Mobile experience on iOS and Android platforms is a big plus.
- English - You must have good enough English reading/writing to study new technologies in English quickly, and preferably a good base for improving your spoken English if necessary.
- Prior knowledge of any game design, game development, Objective-C, OS X/Cocoa development, Scrum or other agile methodologies is a big plus.
- Develop the core of the user gameplay and bring the game design to life
- Write well-architected, robust and maintainable code.
- Work in a cross-functional environment to develop a compelling in-game experience
- Able to estimate and work to a schedule.
- Work closely with our game designers to translate their ideas into high performance, high fun games
- Contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
- 4 years or more of professional software development experience, at least 1 year 3D game programming experience.
- Proficient in the language of your choice. C# and/or Unity3D experience is a bonus.
- Knowledge of 3D programming skills.
- Experience in the design and implementation of specialized game sub-systems.
- Relevant published game credits.
- Ability to participate in gameplay design and implementation of design specifications
- Passionate gamer with an ability to analyze games for their strengths and weaknesses. Broad knowledge of titles and mechanics.
- Good communication skills, fluent in both English and Chinese is a bonus.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online