I have a program that I have written in C# (.NET 4.0) that utilizes OpenGL as the graphics backend. This will not change.
The program is essentially "alpha". It works, but needs things added, rearranged, optimized, and so on. This is a very flexible program. The end goal is to allow users to "program" their user interface easily and uniquely based on sensor inputs through a hardware module. The hardware, interface, and so on is complete and functional. The GUI is functional, but barely. My available time has been cut short, and I need to get this program working. Program updates will be rolled out as you work on it. The schedule is flexible if needed. I would like some big things done in a few months at the most.
As you work, the scope may grow. I would like someone who can make decisions themselves and suggest new ideas. I have near zero graphics talent but have some PSD files I have been using for the interface. If you have talent in that area it is a plus, but not required.
Some big things that need to be done:
- Add Gauge support for linear, circular, stepped/multi-image sensors. Think of a car's speedometer, something that when given the value 20, would draw the needle at 20 but have configurable minimum/maximum/step values, user defined or a set of pre-defined images for the gauge and needle itself. Things like that.
- Integrate a TTF (True Type Font) parser into the program so it can be drawn with OpenGL. The user can select which TTF (by name, like "Verdana") and have it drawn where specified (drawing is taken care of, but could be improved or may need to change depending on implementation).
- Add a way to add/edit "variables" (already defined object) from the in-program configuration screen.
- User Interface improvements. My graphics ability and user interface approach ranges from lacking to non-existent. I would like someone who knows "simple" to offer and implement suggestions for the program. Something where your grandmother could pick it up and with a little effort and time be able to use without emailing for tech support.
- Pre-defined user interface elements. For instance, when a user wants to put a gauge on the page, have a few/couple pre-defined choices that it could look like. Or perhaps even "themes" and when selected the gauges will change background colours/texturing to reflect the theme. Also allow to import user elements, but that is a different bullet.
- Finish user configuration file and default internal configuration file merging. Currently the program loads the internal and then loads the user config file. Eventually it should overwrite the internal configuration file settings with the user configuration file settings if available and in the correct format.
There are lots of things that need to be done. This is a small subset. I welcome people who will not just implement exactly what I say how I say it, but will use common sense and their knowledge of customer interfaces to implement something they are proud of. If I took the time to detail every little thing I would like done and how it should be done and so on, I could have just done it myself. I need someone with a backbone and opinions. I may not always agree with your opinion, but if the customers like it, then so be it.
I do not care where you are located, but you must be able to code and write in English so that there is no translation barrier. Time zones are not important as I am awake most of the time.
I should also mention that this program is intended to be used in many applications, but will generally be with a touchscreen. So big chunky buttons and user interface is required. Absolutely no Windows Forms. This will be ported to Android in the near future with limited capabilities.
17 freelancers are bidding on average $2288 for this job
I have the experience and qualities to work on the project. The deadline is fictional since no detailed spec is provided. Please send some detailed task descriptions for me to give precise dedlines
I am currently working away from home on a contract and i am restricted to 35 hrs. per week, so I have about 10-20 hrs that I can spend on your project instead of in the bar.