Create a SharePoint 2010 timer job that will deploy automatically at certain times WSP solutions stored in a custom SharePoint library hosted in Central Admin.
The custom SharePoint library (to be called Deployment Queue) will be create manually and will have following properties:
- Name (or FileName): this Is the name of the WSP file
- Target Web Applications: choice field, will contain one or more Web Applications that are part of the farm and candidates for deployment target. Note that it can be more than one.
- Target Site Collection: text, if the solution is a site scoped solution, this is the site collection where will be deployed.
- Deployment Time: date time field that will specify the approximate time of deployment. Assuming the timer will run every 5 minutes, it will verify every time Deployment Time, to check if something needs to be deployed. Then deploy.
- Retract Before Upgrade: Yes/No this has meaning only if the solution is already deployed in the farm
- Deployment Finish Time: date time field that will hold the time when the timer finished actual deployment.
- Deployment Status: multi value: Pending/Postponed/Deployed/Failed If the Item is in Pending, the timer will try to deploy. If deployment was successful the will write status to Deployed, otherwise Failed
- Error Message: multiline. This will store the error message if Status=Failed.
How this will work:
- This will act as a more powerful version of the existing Solution Management list is Central Admin.
- Users will be able to upload their WSP, set target parameters and wait to be deployed.
- The timer will detect if is an upgrade or first time deployment and continue according to other parameters.
- If succeeded it will set Status=Deployed, otherwise set Status to Failed and record the error in Error Message.
i'm senior software engineer (.Net & Sharepoint& project server) with more than +5 years experience. i have a solid knowlege in Moss2007, Sharepoint 2010, Project Server 2007, Project Server 2010.
11 freelancers are bidding on average $293 for this job
Dear Sir, We have relevant skills on creating event handler for the above job. I'd like to take over this project, so that we can work together to deliver quality output.
I have 8 years of SharePoint development experience. I have a strong hands-on with SharePoint object model and power shell. I can do this for you. Please check my message for further details. Thanks.
Hi, I am a SharePoint Developer with 5+ years experience, Have worked on versions from 2007 to 2013. I have expertise in C#, SP Object model and can help you with your requirements. Regards, Mana
Hi...I am a SharePoint Developer had an 5+ experience in this technology. I have gone through the requirement and willing to work on this Timer Job Solution Thank you!