Custom Receiver 3D Model plus CNC Programming
This project received 21 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $1129 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Browse Related Skills
- Design three tanks with specific volume
- Convert images to a dxf file for bystronic laser cutting
- File conversion .Stl to stp and iges
- 3d modeling and Rendering-07
- I need a mechanical shop drawing for Hvac. It's for a house -- it's pretty easy. I need to show details of the system to be installed such as .. size of the supply, return ducts, duct work to all areas, types of materials etc. I have sizes and sketched la
Other things people do on Freelancer
Project Budget$750 - $1500 USD
We need to manufacture a training gun lower receiver using commercially available "80% lowers". We have a small CNC mill but I do not have time to reverse-engineer/program it. So for this project, I am looking for two deliverables:
1. A complete 3D model (SolidWorks preferred) of the training lower receiver:
a. We will use a publicly available AR15 lower receiver CAD drawing as base.
b. We will provide samples (training gun receiver and “trigger box” as seen in the PDF file) to reverse-engineer necessary measurements.
c. You will simply modify the trigger pocket and grip attachment from AR15 solid model (1a) to match measurements taken from sample (1b). The rest of the lower receiver model (exterior, mag well, etc) does NOT need to change.
2. Using the above, generate tool-path (G-Code file) to cut the trigger pocket and grip attachment.
a. We will be using 80% AR receivers as donor blanks and we already have jigs to hold the receiver.
b. We do have an ATC and can procure specialty tools if necessary, however I believe the pocket can be cut using standard end-mills.
c. Machine specification (max spindle speed etc) and available tools will be provided.
Minor tweaking of G-Code file after initial delivery is expected (e.g. speed/depth of cut), but will be kept reasonable. Project is consider completed once we can modify a “blank” (80% lower) using our mill to properly accept the training gun’s “trigger box” and “motor/grip”. Image of the training gun receiver is available shall you wish to review the complexity before placing bid.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online