Convert certain .NET ASCX user controls from TABLES to DIVS and update CSS
- Status Closed
- Budget $15 - $25 USD / hour
- Total Bids 4
We have several components / modules built for DotNetNuke platform (open source [url removed, login to view]) in both [url removed, login to view] and C#. We would like some general clean up within these components based on some new CSS guidlines etc... We have already been handling this in-house to get a better understanding for how we would like the updates to occur and now we would like to have someone else take on this work.
Basically what we will need is:
1. These modules have user control files within them (.uscx) and we need all TABLES / TABLE ROWS / TABLE CELLS (Table, TR, TD tags) to be replaced with DIVS that represent certain CSS classes as referenced here: [url removed, login to view] and [url removed, login to view] For the most part we have been able to do this pretty quickly (probably an hour or so per user control) by removing all of the table/tr/td tags and replacing them with the appropriate DIV.
2. Certain tables/table rows are referenced to "RunAt=Server" and so you will need to switch these within the .NET code to be HTMLGenericControls instead of HTMLTableRows
Other optional work related to these modules if you would like can include:
3. Run the module installation files through our spell checking system which will deliver back spell checking problems within the localization files (.RESX files). We would like these reports reviewed and the localization files updates to fix any/all spelling problems.
4. We would also like you to run the module installation file through DNN 5, DNN 6, and DNN 7 installations and create the appropriate manifest file per installation. (.dnn5, .dnn6, and .dnn7 manifest files are slightly different).
5. While making the updates if you would like there is additional work and requests that can be handled (small such as replacing standard combo box's and datagrids with the DNN wrapped version etc...). We also have other requests per module within our bug tracking software and if you were interested we could provide you with details to begin handling some of those bug fixes and enhancement requests.
Finally: if you are interested there are additional hours that could be spend on other misc tasks and projects.
6. Answer product support questions, reply to forum threads within our website related to clients implementing our products within their DotNetNuke website.
7. Helping and assisting our clients with implementations (this would also including implementing our modules, other work related to their DotNetNuke website, interacting with them via BaseCamp project system, tracking your time spent on client work there etc...)
These should all be things a junior programmer could handle... The projects are compiled and built within Visual Studio 2010 / 2012.
You would want to have a running version of DotNetNuke installed locally, we also have several sandbox environments setup on the web for you to test / debug with as well.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online