Small website in CodeIgniter that sends a voucher code by email
This project received 29 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of £630 GBP.Get free quotes for a project like this
We need a system built in CodeIgniter, based on an existing CodeIgniter system, that will generate a voucher code and email it.
We currently have another system built in Codeigniter that has everything needed to generate the HTML email, PDF with the barcode and the barcode generation code. We also have an administration area etc that we can supply to be used to modify the below spec, or copy functions from. There will be a new voucher site that will use the same styling as this current site.
We will be hosting this in a folder /voucher/
CodeIgniter will then use whatever is after /voucher/ as the campaign variable.
Admin will create campaign titles e.g. 'easterweekend' so when someone visits /voucher/easterweekend/ it will find the relevant campaign in the database.
The vouchers will be scanned by a hand scanner and based on the barcode, this will simply say if the voucher is valid or not valid. (this will be fulfilled by client)
Therefore, the barcode number needs to contain:
• valid start date
• valid end date
• (some padding / obfuscation)
Once scanned and accepted, this number is logged so it cannot be used again (to prevent people making duplicates) <- this, the scanner and on-site validation will be fulfilled by the clients' IT department
It would be useful to include some encryption to the number as a whole - we do not know if this is compatible with the end system though, but please assume this will be required.
• Introduction paragraph
• Promotion specific paragraph
Voucher request Form:
• Full Name [INPUT FIELD – MANDATORY]
• Address Line 1 [INPUT FIELD – OPTIONAL]
• Address Line 2 [INPUT FIELD – OPTIONAL]
• Town/City [INPUT FIELD – OPTIONAL]
• County (Dropdown) [INPUT FIELD – OPTIONAL]
• Postcode [INPUT FIELD – MANDATORY]
• Email Address [INPUT FIELD – MANDATORY]
• 3 Questions [Either Radio Buttons or Likert Scale – MANDATORY]
• Tick to accept T&C's
• Submit Button
INVALID CAMPAIGN PAGE
• In case someone enters an invalid word after /voucher/
THIS CAMPAIGN HAS ENDED PAGE
• For when the cut off date expires.
• System validates that the Postcode & email address (combined) haven’t been used before (or IP address and email combined maybe - this could do with being coded so we can specify what fields are used for validation if possible, or so that it's easily changed. )
• If Yes – Decline Screen - e.g 'Vouchers are limited to one per person' (we will supply text or edit this ourselves after)
• If No – Thank You Screen - e.g 'Your voucher has been emailed to you' (we will supply text or edit this ourselves after)
FULFILMENT ON SUCCESSFUL REQUEST - (these functions are on the existing system we can send you)
• PDF voucher generated containing unique barcode (barcode format to be specified)
• HTML email generated
• PDF attached to email and sent to applicant
• Simple one-user system.
Content management: Need to edit the following:
• Edit General site intro paragraph
• Edit the 3 questions (global: applied to any campaign)
• CRUD campaigns (create, read, update, delete)
• Campaign name: (no spaces, url encode, validate) <- this will the URL after voucher/[variable]
• Intro paragraph for this campaign
• Start / end date of this campaign
• Report on vouchers issued displaying all info user has entered
We have stipulated CodeIgniter as we have the existing system already built which contains all of the functions, css, jquery etc that this site will need.
I understand that you will probably want to see the code of the existing system, so please let me know how you would want to do this - we obvisouly can't just send out a zip file of the whole system before entering an agreement, so maybe we could screen share, Skype perhaps?
If you are interested, please provide an indicative proposal pending evaluation of the existing system, then for those that we feel we may work with, we can arrange a Skype call to show you the code.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online