One part of the database involves Users and Roles , the other part of it involves configuration of the application based on a particular client. Below is the description that I could fit in 4000 characters and more information is available on request.
The database has about a dozen tables with several one to many and many to many relationships. This is a preliminary design and improvements while not expected to be made are welcome as ideas. Please see attached [url removed, login to view] for a quick snapshot view of the database. It is not an extremely complicated database but it has its complexities. Detailed information of each table will be provided on request.
ColdFusion Application Specification :
The ColdFusion application will be run as a secure IIS Website with a custom binding ( [url removed, login to view] ) and it will not be the default website, it will reside in a folder under wwwroot. We have a preliminary application built with scaffolding and ORM , this code can be shared with the contractor at request in case is required. We strongly PREFER ColdFusion ORM and strong object oriented approach ( without any frameworks preferably ) with as much of the code being in cfscript rather than tags.
The application will have to be secured and only be accessible to users with an "Administrator" Role in the database ( this role should be permanent and not removable ) . Only users in the administrator role will be managing the database through this application , the rest of the content will be accessed by Flex Via ColdFusion services . The only part of the application that other users are able to access is a page to reset their password or change their password.
The CMS part :
1. Ability to CRUD the data in all tables with cascaded update and delete
2. The password for the user has to be stored securely ( binary or hashed string )
3. When a user is created , the ability to select a random password and generate an email to the user with the password. The user can then change their password using the link in the email ( this is the page mentioned in the previous paragraph ) . The option should also be available for the administrator to set a custom password.
4. Ability to select all related objects in an edit object page. For example when a user is created , the user has to be associated with an application and has to have atleast one role. This could very well extend to other objects based on the relationships defined in the database.
The services part :
The ColdFusion services built while creating the CMS should also serve for the Flex Application . The difference is that some services needed for the Flex part should not require authentication and be exposed as public services.
1. Services to query some tables based on specific fields ( will be detailed ) . For example retrieve the application table row based on an application id .
2. Service to authenticate a user based on username, password and application . If the user is authenticated a complex user object (CFC ) is passed back to the application , with roles and other related objects as properties of the object. If the user is not validated the same complex user object is returned with no properties and an invalid flag.
3. Service to generate an email in case of a forgotten password where the user can enter his email and a new password is generated in the same manner it happens from the CMS. If the email is found , an email is generated an object is returned with a success flag, if the email is not found an object is returned with a failure indicating that the user email could not be found.
Private Service :
1. A secure service to do CRUD operations on 2-3 tables. The user credentials of the logged in user will be passed along with every request and has to be validated before CRUD is performed.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the time frame
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Bids on this Project
NEW DELHI, India
Deloitte, VMWare, McAfee and other large corporate clients, over 100 applications developed so far. Over 8 successful years of application development. Exclusively coldfusion development !
FTS team provides services for the following. iPhone apps iPad apps Android apps Windows Phone apps Website solutions (PHP/MYSQL) Graphics design Logo design Flyer Banner FTS has been delivering the high quality clean code apps for the past few years. For video/pictorial demos are ready to demonstrate, you may ask us for itunes or play store links for the apps we have developed so far for our valuable business partners/customers. Contact us for more details specific to your project. Thanks FTS team
Veltrod Technologies is a global software consulting company specialized in providing Mobile applications, Social media frameworks and eCommerce solutions. Leveraging best-in-class people, processes, and technologies, Veltrod provides high-quality software development and BPO services to independent software vendors and enterprises. We are specialized in developing and testing Mobile applications, Search Engine optimizations, Social Network framework development, Website design and Development.
TareenSoft is a software development company of IT outsourcing services delivered by high-level professionals. We use the most advanced technologies available and therefore select the most suitable means for solving a specific task. Since our inception in 2004, we have served a variety of software and web application development projects. Being a customer-oriented company, we do our best to make work as clear as possible, taking full responsibility for executed work and agreements.
New Delhi, India
8 Years Experienced eCommerce & Software Expert http://goo.gl/8geUm http://goo.gl/IwQiwZ