Writing Style Editor Position Open For Online Store
We are launching an online store that features "cool" and "unique" products for sale. We are looking to appeal to a female audience in the 24 - 38 year age group. We are looking for editorial staff to help ensure we have product descriptions and product summaries that are written in a "fun", "interesting" and "quirky" writing style that also appeals to our target audience.
notes regarding descriptions:
- we are looking for a "fun" and "quirky" writing style not a boring manual or textbook writing style
- you must read the entire description and edit it to adhere to our mandate of a "fun" and "quirky" writing style. It is your job to make decisions where the description writer has failed in this regard and fix them.
- descriptions must be at least 100 words but generally should be 350 - 400 words. There is no upper limit to the length of the description that can be added so some could be substantially longer. This is ok.
- correct any offensive or inappropriately written descriptions. In some cases the writer will have tried to be "funny" but the joke may be offensive. It is your job to make sure these are converted to family friendly text.
notes regarding summaries:
- again, we are looking for a "fun" and "quirky" writing style not a boring manual or textbook writing style
- product summaries are supposed to be 1 - 2 sentences in length
- product summary should contain the product name in the summary
- summaries should be attention grabbing and catchy like a news article headline
- summaries will appear at the top of the product page next to the main photo and below the product title. It will be the first text (and in many cases the only text) the user will read about the product. It is essential that in addition to being fun that the most important information about the product is in the summary.
- correct offensive or inappropriately written product summaries. We are a family friendly site.
If you are interested in joining a start up company and getting your foot in the door at the ground level this may be the opportunity you have been waiting for. This can be a full or part time position depending on your availability.
22 freelancers are bidding on average $138 for this job
Hello, I fall within your target audience and would enjoy creating fun and quirky product descriptions and summaries for your site. Please check your private messages to find out more about me.
Dear Alex, I would like to apply to this job as well. I read all your requirements and i see that i can provide you with high quality articles for your online store.
I can write fun descriptions for your products, and as I am a woman within the age demographic you are targeting I know what will appeal to them. My bid is for $5 per edited post.
I hold a Bachelors degree in English and have experience writing for a variety of purposes and audiences. I have a creative and quirky personality that I believe will suit the style of writing you require.
Pick me and you will not regret. Who knows best what young girls want if not one of them? Let's collaborate and make girls buy your products! Youth, energy and brain, the best combination ever.