Story Ideas for Visual Magazine Needed
This project was successfully completed by Emam9109 for $180 USD in 3 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$100 - $250 USD
Completed In3 days
We are looking for an earnest and experienced investigative writer / journalist/ copywriter / researcher, who is able to define and suggest a series of potential themes (for the project of digital, visual magazine / web portal) in a form of short texts – teasers.
We need 25 ideas for the themes related to the most different areas – there are no restrictions considering the content. The only thing that matters is that the themes are interesting and nonstandard (it is desirable to avoid the mainstream themes).
Readership: young and middle aged people, who follow trends, modern technology, social networks and use different gadgets (smartphones, tablets etc.) constantly searching for new information and who are visual types.
Age of the targeted population: 18 – 50 year olds
Every idea (theme) should keep to these guidelines:
1) It has to be presented in a form of a smaller text of just a few sentences (teaser) – which needs to contain a short outline of the theme's idea, several interesting numerical and statistical dana (if available) and some interesting facts that our visual journalists could use as a starting point for further writeup of the themes (will be used as a reference for design / visualisation) .
2) It needs to be suitable for visual presentation, in a form of bigger or smaller infographics (information graphics). What an infographic is, how it looks like and what it is used for, you can find out (through different examples) at this link: [url removed, login to view]
3) It must contain the list of references used in the creation of the idea – links and the list of links to potential sources of additional information to the suggested idea (e.g. Wikipedia, Undata etc.).
4) As much as possible,the ideas should be original, actual and unusual. Stereotypes should be avoided. The themes should not be time – limited to a short period (it means, for example, that as a theme we do not want marking of various anniversaries) – it has to be as actual today as in a few months' time.
5) The areas of interest: science, social networks, the Internet, technology, health, business and entrepreneurship, income (making money), culture, history, food, medicine, sport and extreme sports, informatics, lifestyle, unusual phenomenons, legends, universe, animals, bizarreness, entertainment...
6) Although we are open to the most different types of themes and ideas – they cannot be offensive to anyone, on any basis (gender, age, race, political beliefs, religion etc.)
The participants are encouraged to submit their list of 25 potential themes when applying for this project.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online