Validate product listings and enhance product descriptions
- Status Closed
- Budget $250 - $750 USD
- Total Bids 4
I have a website with around 400 products. I am looking for someone to enhance the description for each product. All product descriptions but be inserted in HTML. Knowledge of HTML is required for this.
Detailed instructions for each product:
5. Click on the product name to view the product details. Note the product number.
6. Find the product in the vendor product catalogue using the product number
7. Validate that the product name is similar on my website to the product in the catalogue. It may not match exactly. In some cases, the name in the catalogue is vague and does not include manufacturers and model numbers. Create a separate list if you think they are different products and I will go through that list to confirm. In some cases, I have found that when I first inserted the products I reversed two products by mistake, so you may find that.
8. Search the web to see if you can find a better picture from what is on my website. If there is no picture on my website, please try and find one.
9. Main product pictures should be named “XYZ_184w.jpg” where XYZ is the website product number
10. You do not need to touch the category labels
11. Search the web for a good product description. Use different fonts, colors, underlines, bullets, etc. wherever necessary to make the product description look good. Include as much detail as possible. Sometimes you may need to leverage text from multiple websites to build a good quality description. You can also embed images into the description.
12. You may need to use HTML codes for any special characters. I think this website has them listed: [url removed, login to view]
13. At any time you can click “Submit Changes” at the bottom to load the revised descriptions into the database.
14. You may get an error message when you submit. That will mean you have an issue in the HTML code or you have a special character.
15. Once you submit successfully it will bring you right back to the product edit page. Click the “View Product Page” at the top of the screen to view the product page and make sure it looks good.
16. If you embed any images into the description, you should put the full image location and the source.
17. All images (main product images and images embedded in the descriptions) should be uploaded to an FTP site.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online