English to Japanese Translator with Marketing and/or Financial Services Industry Experience
Hourly - Est. Time 1 to 3 months, Part-time - 10-40 hrs/week
The English to Japanese Translator will provide translation support in the execution of our marketing communications strategies for our expansion to the Japanese Market for our e-Trading Platform. Previous experience in translating for marketing campaigns, particularly within the context of new market entry is considered a huge asset, as is a strong understanding of the financial services industry and technical terminology. Your role will be to translate the following promotional materials:
• Company’s website, which includes the following aspects:
o Marketing aspect where it will be reflected on all of our marketing messages on the site, home page landing pages and campaigns
o FAQs, help, explanatory pages and information pages
o Software / trading platform interface
• Banner advertisements and textual advertisements
• Landing pages that will convert Japanese traffic
***We are NOT seeking generalist translators; only translators who are specialized in the fields of financial services and/or marketing. This is a critical selection criteria, as we need our translators to be able to translate our technical material independently without additional assistance on industry-specific knowledge. The translator must not only have native Japanese skills, but also be able to craft the Japanese language to cater to our target audience. This can only be done by professional translators who truly understand the versatility of the Japanese language and can translate accordingly. Translators who can only translate to colloquial Japanese within a non-business context need not apply.***
You MUST meet all below qualifications:
• Versatile English to Japanese translation skills. Ability to craft the Japanese language so as to appeal to a Japanese business/financial trading audience. Translation must be cultural, not literal.
• Industry knowledge based on experience in conducting business with/in the fields of financial services, marketing and/or software
• Can work independently, but also knows when to communicate potential bottlenecks ahead of time
• Strong time management and project management skills. Ability to understand and work out entire project timelines, taking into consideration not only your own work load but also other project team members who are affected by your portion of the project
Application Instructions: Please apply only if you can send the following
• Resumes in both English AND Japanese
• Samples of previous translation work in financial services, marketing and/or software applications. Samples in other fields will not be considered. We would need the original content in English and your Japanese translation. Content should be at least 1 page, preferably longer.
• Ability to provide solid explanation of how you meet all qualifications based on prior experience, if invited for an interview
***Your application will be reviewed by a native Japanese MarCom Manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted shortly***
Compensation: Fair market value based on your experience will be paid for this as a project-based payment. Strong performance on this project will lead to additional project requests.
3 freelancers are bidding on average $20/hour for this job
Hi, we are at your service with Top Notch Quality Translation. Let's get this project perfectly done by native Japanese Translator as well as a marketing individual. Please check our PM, portfolios and reviews.