CSS, HTML, MySQL, Templates, Website Design Job by
This project was awarded to developerpmal for $25 AUD / hour.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$25 AUD / hour
Here are the details of the project I would like you to work on:
The CMS is the first page that a majority of first time visitors to my forum see, and I feel that it just isn't up to scratch. IMO, it feels clunky, and a little amateurish. I think it could be better. Here are my major issues with it.
1) I would like a "real" slider at the top, left of the page. I installed this ([url removed, login to view]) but couldn't make it fit into the desired area. This is probably a result of me being pretty hopeless at technical stuff. What I like about the slider I linked to is that I could manually select threads that I wanted as "Featured Threads", all I had to do was add an image manually (usually an attached image from the thread itself) and then it would superimpose the thread title over it and rotate between as many "Featured Threads" as I wanted. I really dislike the current widget.
2) I would like the "Recently Updated Threads" widget to be modified so it is easier on the eye. I think it's a bit cluttered and confusing. I think it could be improved so it is easier to comprehend as a new visitors eye wanders over it. Important information needs to jump out at them and at the moment it just seems too confusing. It might just be a matter of some new formatting, and a bit of bold text here and there.
3) If possible I would like to see it load a little faster. If this is not possible I understand, but I thought it would be worth mentioning it in case something can be done.
4) Most of the information that is there needs to stay there, I just want it to come together as a much nicer, attractive (and most importantly professional) looking CMS. I also want to ensure that it integrates with the rest of the website as best as it can (i.e. fonts, colours, etc.)
I also have a couple of minor issues with the two CMS content pages "Radio" and "Competiton" in the tabs. The "Radio" page is third party content embedded in a CMS page. Is it possible to make this page load faster by caching it somehow? There is a noticeable delay as it waits to load that irritates me. The "Competition" page just needs a minor resdesign so that it integrates better with the rest of the website.
I want to ensure that the whole website comes together as an integrated, cohesive whole, rather than just a bunch of pages that have been slapped together at different times, by different people.
There are also a few very minor design tweaks (all small vBulletin template modifications) that I will describe to you a later via private message.
I will send you FTP and vBulletin admincp access by private message shortly.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online