VPS SMTP and Mail Server Setup + DNS / Reverse DNS
This project was awarded to sandeep25101982 for $110 AUD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $100 AUD
I am wanting an SMTP and a Mail Server setting up on my VPS along with some advice / setting up of DNS/ReverseDNS/MX and the rest. Maybe if I describe the problems I am having then you can help me with the best solution.
I am a Web developer and have number of sites setup on my VPS which all require emails getting sent out and more importantly getting to the destination, avoiding spam filters. All the sites I am hosting will basically work all the same.
1. All the sites have contact forms which I need to be able to send emails from and in most cases not end up in a spam filter.
2. All the sites do not as such need a mailbox but it would be more appropriate to just have an email alias going to one account. eg. info @ whateversite dot com, info @ whateversite2 dot com, info @ whateversite3 dot com all going to my main email account.
3. I have a large contact list for each site. Members / Marketing prospects. I need to be able to send emails in a loop through the sites to email lists and very importantly avoid spam filters. The EmailFromAddress needs to be related to the domain name. eg. Domain Name: [url removed, login to view] EmailFromAddress: info @ whateversite dot com
4. I have domains already setup and functional. I have control over the Name Servers, setting up 'A' records, 'MX' records and the rest.
At the moment I have a long process of setting things up and most of the time the emails are getting picked up by Spam filters. I am pretty sure I understand why but just don't have to time to figure all this stuff out. Basically my time is better spent elsewhere. If you could set up a couple of sites correctly and give me a few pointers how I can do this myself in the future it would be great help. I am guessing that it's some reverse DNS stuff which I am getting tripped up on. I just have no idea how to set up the DNS stuff so I can host / send emails for multiple domains on one server (1 IP Address).
Hope this all makes sense to someone out there.
Give me a shout if you have any questions
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online