Add products from Excel and websites to Shopify - consistency and accuracy important
This project was awarded to pandeypriya2003 for $5 AUD / hour.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$2 - $8 AUD / hour
I need a list of products that are in an Excel document to be found using the company websites as listed in Excel to find images and content for the product. As a backup, there is a PDF document with limited images and content. All products from the Excel spreadsheet need to be added individually (or in bulk) to our Shopify account under the one category.
At the moment we have over 40 products listed on the site with individual logos / supplier names / prices / barcodes and names. We require this to be done for about 400 products. This can be done individually (see below instructions) or can be done via a CSV import if applicable.
As this is a new store, we require all products to be uploaded with correct descriptions and consistency with each product uploaded. We will show you via a webinar how the first 3 products need to be uploaded.
NOTE: There will be a performance bonus based on accuracy and consistency which will be $50.
This is what needs to occur per product:
1. Product found on Excel spreadsheet of products and new product added to Shopify. Add as much detail about the product from the Excel document as possible (product name, vendor or supplier, weight, price, barcode and code). The SKU in Shopify is the CODE (column B) in the Excel doc. The UPC in SHopify is the barcode in the Excel doc (column F). Please add all products under 'coffee and tea'.
2. If the vendor or supplier is new, it must be created. The product must be added to a category. If there isn't a category, it must be created.
3. Google the product name from the Excel document and pick up the company website (see supplier in Excel document) to get the images AND product description from their website. Save an image of this product in the best resolution possible and upload to Shopify under the same product name.
4. ONLY in the case of a back up if you cannot do number 3, look up PDF document and find the same product from Excel list. Save an image of this product in the best resolution possible and upload to Shopify under the same product name. Because you are copying from PDF, the formatting will be incorrect so you will need to fix this.
5. Mark the product off the Excel list as complete and uploaded.
As you can see from the above steps, there is a few things to be done per product. We know there are more efficient ways to add products (i.e via bulk CSV upload directly into the system).
We are looking for someone who wants a lot of business from us in the future and can do the above task correctly, accurately and make it consistent as the other products. We will have a number of products to add in the future so a good job will mean repeat business.
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online