Build Article Database
This project was awarded to rajawi9999 for $100 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
This project involves getting data from thousands of pages with news articles from Google and entering that data into a Google form.
The link to the form is here. Please verify that you can see the form:
[url removed, login to view]
You will then do a search on Google news ([url removed, login to view]) with this search:
"CodeRed" OR Everbridge OR Nixle OR "reverse 911" OR DeltAlert OR "FirstCall" OR "Wide Area Rapid Notification" OR "SendWordNow" OR "emergency alerts" OR "emergency alert" OR "emergency notification" OR "emergency notifications" OR "mass notification" OR "Blackboard connect" OR Hyper-Reach
When I do it, the search yields over 20,000 articles.
For each article, you will complete a form. You will store the data as follows:
1) You will copy the URL of the article
2) You will copy the title of the article
3) You will enter the date of the article
4) You will enter the year of the article
5) You will enter the City or County discussed in the article if that applies. In some cases, this may be left blank.
6) You will enter the US State of the city or county discussed in the article if that applies. In some cases, this may be left blank.
7) You will enter the brand name of the system discussed
8) You will enter the subject or what the article is talking about
9) If the cost of the system is described you will enter that number
10) You will copy the text of the article
11) You will enter your code. I'll assign that to you and this is how I'll know you filled out the form instead of someone else.
You will need to gather these articles in the order in which they are presented by Google so that someone else can easily pick up where you left off.
I will pay $[url removed, login to view] per article. Your bid should state how many articles you are committing to do. If your bid $150, you should say that you will do 1,000 articles.
You should go through the process yourself first before bidding to see how quickly you can do it.
When you do the search on [url removed, login to view], The first 35 pages or so will have articles from the past year. After that, you will need to click on "Search Tools" and search by date. Google doesn't show articles from May 2012 to December, 2012 so you will need to work around that.
Do not process any of these articles:
- Articles about foreign countries or about these topics in foreign countries
- Articles with the phrase "Firstcall research"
- Articles in which the source is "PRNewswire -FirstCall" or similar ("PR Newswire -FirstCall", "PRNewswire Asia -FirstCall" etc.)
- Articles in languages other than english
No duplicate articles (the same article twice)
I won't post a milestone until you've done at least 10 articles and I verify your work.
I won't release a milestone unless you've done at least 1/2 of what you committed to.
There are many more articles than this project allows. If you do a good job, I'll let you do up to 10,000.
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online