Find contact emails for Android tablet app publishers
- Status Closed
- Budget $2 - $8 USD / hour
- Total Bids 11
For the promotion of a tablet app awards competition, we are looking for individual contacts at app publishers of the 144 “Staff pick for tablets” apps in the Google Play app store:
[url removed, login to view]
“Staff picks for tablets” / “Featured Android apps for tablets”
(we only consider the US Google Play app store)
For each company which publishes one of these apps, we need a minimum of one and a maximum of three individual contacts (one should be enough in most cases if it seems to be the desired individual; 2 or 3 could be better if we’re not sure to have the right individual, or if the company is very large). The desired individuals are:
1) the top marketing person (Chief Marketing Officer, VP of Marketing, Marketing Director, Marketing manager)
2) or, failing that, the top communications person (VP of Communications/PR, Communications/PR director or manager)
2) or, failing a devoted marketing or communication person, the top officer of the company (CEO, President, COO, founder, etc.)
Here is the data we wish to collect:
Company and product info:
- name of the company (app publisher)
- name of the app
- all tablet platforms (OS) any app of this publisher is for
- category (according to the public app store used)
- if the app is free or paid
- company web site URL
- first and last name
- individual email address
or, failing an individual email address:
-- linkedin profile page, and
-- general contact form page URL
For further clarity, we are giving a very strong preference to getting an individual email address vs. getting other ways to contact the person (linkedin profile, general email contact form, etc.)
Data should be entered in a Google doc., called “TT DB app-publishers”. (You must have a Gmail account to work in this Google doc.)
This Google doc already lists several app publishers.
You will find attached an example, in Excel format, of that Google doc - with the main table on the first tab, and a description of each column in the second tab. The fields you should fill are highlighted in green in this second tab.
It's possible that some publishers you will encounter have already been dealt with (we already have a contact for them, and then you should move on to the next app publisher.
As a contractor, you should follow these steps:
1. Access the "Staff picks for tablet" app listing (also called: "“Featured Android apps for tablets”") in the Google Play US store
2. Go down the list and, for each app, look at the app publisher’s name
3. Check if the app publisher is already in the “TT DB app-publishers” database.
4. If the app publisher is already in our list, just check the corresponding cell in the “D” column (“OS Android”) and the “I” column (“TA consumer”). Do not perform any further search if the company is already in the list: we are looking to add to the list, not to duplicate it.
Then, move down the list to the next app.
5. If the app publisher is NOT in the list, do a web search - through the app publisher’s corporate site and through other means (including LinkedIn) to find the name of the top desired person, and then to find his/her email address is possible.
6. Create a line for the new organization in the “TT DB app-publishers” google doc, in the right position (app publishers are listed in alphabetical order), by using the “insert 1 above” through a right- click on the mouse, and write down the relevant information for the desired person.
7. If you have several persons for the same organization, duplicate the content on another line, just below, and fill the personal information fields with the data for the additional individual
8. Move down the list to the following app and repeat.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online