Research Yale University's website (& affiliates) for relevant names/emails
This project was successfully completed by kekodu for $105 USD in 3 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
Completed In3 days
Utilize the official public website of a particular university and all affiliates (to be provided) to find all researchers that are related to Golden Helix business. You will determine if they are relevant using a provided keyword list. If their web page has a keyword, include them on the spreadsheet. If it doesn't, then don't include them. Do NOT include graduate students or PostDocs.
a. Start at the home page and look for scientists or research projects. Follow any internal links you find as long as they are within the university (departments, institutes, etc). Research every researcher, lab, or study at the university. Get as deep and thorough as you can.
b. Google “site:[url removed, login to view] genome-wide”, “site:[url removed, login to view] genetics”, and “site:[url removed, login to view] sequencing” and see if you can find more people. (Genome-wide will actually give you more results than you should include – some aren’t related to us – but it’s a good way to search.)
Spreadsheet with the following columns:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Job Title (not MD or PhD, should be like "Professor of Medical Genetics" or "Research Fellow" or "Associate Chair") If someone has their own lab (or the lab name is their name), please put their title as Principal Investigator.
- Email (if their email isn't on the official website try Googling their full name and the university to see if you can find it)
- One column for: Department, Center, Institute, OR Division (different Universities call them different things)
- Link to page with the researcher’s info
* Please do not include middle initials, MD, PhD, or Dr. in any column.
* Most researchers have several different positions at one university – i.e. they are a Professor in one department and an Associate in another. If this is the case, please list them twice in the spreadsheet with one line for each position.
For all Principal Investigators who are related to Golden Helix business from Part 1, look them up in the NIH database ([url removed, login to view]) and put info in separate spreadsheet. (Search for “Last name, First name”.)
Spreadsheet with the following columns:
- Name of PI
- Fiscal Year (FY)
- Project Title
Both deliverables will be "spot checked" for accuracy. Contractor may be asked to refine results before payment is initiated.
WEBSITES we want you to search:
Yale - [url removed, login to view]
Bridgeport Hospital - [url removed, login to view]
Danbury Hospital - [url removed, login to view]
Greenwich Hospital - [url removed, login to view]
Griffin Hospital - [url removed, login to view]
Hospital of St Raphael - [url removed, login to view]
Norwalk Hospital - [url removed, login to view]
St Mary's Hospital - [url removed, login to view]
Waterbury Hospital [url removed, login to view]
Please include ALL researchers, professors, PhD students, research technicians, etc. that include any of the following words:
• Complex traits and phenotypes, common traits and phenotypes
• Copy number, copy number variation, CNV
• DNA sequence variation, variants
• Family-based genetic studies
• Gene association
• Genetic basis of (disease)
• Genetic epidemiology
• Genetic loci
• Genetic markers associated with (disease)
• Genetic risk susceptibility
• Genetic variants
• Genome-wide association studies, genome-wide studies, GWAS
• Genomic basis of complex diseases
• Genotype-phenotype relationships
• Identify genes that predispose person to (disease), identify individuals at high risk of (disease) due to genetics
• Linkage Disequilibrium and haplotype analysis
• Next-generation sequencing, NGS, high-throughput sequencing, exome sequencing
• RNA sequence variation, variants
• Role of genetics predicting disease
• Single nucleotide polymorphism, SNP, polymorphism
• Statistical methods to analyze genetics
• Statistical genomics, statistical genetics
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online